Registration is open!
2017 Graduate Women in Science National Conference
Sioux Falls, SD, June 15th-17th
Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) is an organization that connects, leads, and empowers women in science. Since the first chapter was established in 1921, GWIS has grown to reach women across the United States and the globe.
Join us for the 2017 GWIS National Meeting “The 21st Century Scientist: Skills for Success”
The local GWIS chapter, GWIS Eastern South Dakota, is honored to host the 2017 GWIS National Conference in Sioux Falls, SD, June 15th-17th. This year’s GWIS National Conference, “The 21st Century Scientist: Skills for Success” will teach you the skills you need to succeed in a 21st century market and help you launch your science career to the next level. Learn more and register today!
Conference highlights include:
- Pre-conference showcase and networking event with members of the South Dakota Biotech Association
- Proposal Preparation Workshop to learn about funding sources for scientific startups and small businesses in collaboration with the South Dakota Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) programs
- Women who are students or faculty at a South Dakota university have the opportunity to receive a $25 discount for this event thanks to SD EPScoR. The discount will be received upon completion of a brief demographic survey.
- Dr. Elizabeth Travis, Associate VP, Women’s Faculty Programs, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Dr. Amy Elliott. Director, Center for Health Outcomes and Population Research, Sanford Health
- Dr.Isaiah Hankel, founder of the Cheeky Scientist.
- · Conference Banquet and keynote speaker- Science writer and South Dakota native RebeccaJohnson
Call for Posters: GWIS Eastern South Dakota is accepting posters showcasing STEM research from graduate students and post-doctoral fellows. Prizes will be awarded to top posters. Learn more about the poster competition and register your poster today!Download Program Agenda