Learn to write more competitive proposals
March 29, 2018
7:30 AM to 5:40 PM
SDSU Student Union – Brookings, SD
The National Science Foundation (NSF) and South Dakota State University (SDSU) are pleased to announce our upcoming NSF Day to be held on Thursday, March 29, 2018 at the Student Union of SDSU.
NSF Days provide basic insight and instruction on how to compete for NSF funding for science, engineering and education research. This day-long workshop will provide background on the Foundation, its mission, priorities, and budget. During the event, you will learn about proposal writing, NSF’s merit review process, and programs that fall within NSF’s seven directorates, as well as funding opportunities that cross disciplinary boundaries.
NSF representatives will be on hand to answer questions and to host discipline-specific breakout sessions to personally engage in discussions with attendees.
Registration for this event will be $25 for South Dakota residents and employees of SD entities, $50 for all others, if received before 4:00pm CST on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. The early-registration opportunity is being made possible through NSF EPSCoR. Late and onsite registration will cost $65. Registration fees include continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments, and are non-refundable after March 12, 2018.
SD EPSCoR Travel Reimbursement
- If you are a South Dakota resident or an employee of a SD entity, and you register before March 21st, you are eligible to have your travel costs covered by SD EPSCoR. To take advantage of this, contact your institution’s Sponsored Programs Office to be added to their list.
- For qualifying individuals, SD EPSCoR will cover the following costs:
- Ground transportation/carpooling — coordinated by your campus sponsored program office.
- One night (March 28, 2018) hotel lodging at the state rate. A block of 25 rooms has been reserved for this purpose at the Brookings Fairfield Inn. Call (605) 692-3500 to reserve a room.
- You may purchase a $6 parking pass with your registration to park in the pay lot on the east side of the Union. You will receive a code via email to use in that lot.
- A visitor’s pass for a commuter lot (see map: https://www.sdstate.edu/sites/default/files/2017-07/2017pkg_v.jpg) will be available at the registration table, or will be mailed to you upon request.
- Choose from any of the following options:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Brookings, 3017 Lefevre Drive, Brookings, South Dakota, 57006, (605-697 5232)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brookings, 3020 Lefevre Drive, Brookings, South Dakota 57006, (605 692-9060)
- Comfort Suites University, 929 25th Avenue, Brookings, SD, 57006, (480-719-3457)
- Other options include My Place Hotels, Days Inn, Super 8
For more information about the National Science Foundation’s NSF Days program, click here.This event is supported by the National Science Foundation/EPSCoR Grant Number IIA-1355423 and SDSU.