SD EPSCoR partners with The Implementation Group (TIG) for proposal preparation and assistance.
Any faculty member at a South Dakota public, private, or tribal college or university is eligible to use this service with the following restrictions:
- If you are a participant in the NSF EPSCoR RII Track 1 projects you are eligible to use this service for all proposal submissions.
- If you are not a participant in either of these two awards, you may request assistance for single investigator NSF proposals.
TIG will provide two types of assistance:
- The pre-submission review of your proposal by a topical expert and
- The editorial review and revision (ie, presentation assistance).
You may take advantage of one or both of these assistance components. TIG will require a minimum of three (3) weeks to conduct a comprehensive review (i.e., external and internal review).
To submit a proposal for this service, please follow the procedure outlined below:
- Send an e-mail to Jill Dale (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “RII Proposal Review Assistance” in the subject line.
- In the body of the e-mail: (This should be done well in advance e.g, a least 1 month prior to the proposal due date, but ideally, as soon as you know that you will be submitting a proposal. This advance notice will be used to identify the technical reviewers for your submission.)
- give the title of the proposal
- indicate the agency that you will be submitting the proposal to
- solicitation number
- provide complete contact information including your e-mail address and phone/cell number for TIG to contact you.
- SD EPSCoR will verify that you meet one of the two restrictions above and then “authorize” TIG to work with you on developing your proposal via an e-mail that you will be copied on. From this point on you will be working directly with TIG; SD EPSCoR will not be involved in the proposal preparation process itself. Please note that to get the benefit of this service, you must be prepared for rapid responses for the information and edits that TIG will request. Attach an electronic copy of your proposal (in MS Word format) with its budget and budget justification to the e-mail request.
- After your proposal is submitted to the funding agency, please forward a copy of their acknowledgement of receipt of your proposal that you receive to the SD EPSCoR Office.
- Once you receive notification of the agency’s decision on your proposal, inform the SD EPSCoR Office of the result of your proposal submission. This information is needed for our annual report to NSF.
The information in #5 & #6 will be used to track the effectiveness of the program so that a decision can be made to continue it beyond this initial period.
There is no limit on the number of times that you can take advantage of this service.
This section provides links and resources for the preparation of National Science Foundation proposals. If you have any specific questions not found within these resources feel free to contact SD EPSCoR Director, Dr. Jim Rice or the SD EPSCoR Office (605-688-6228).
- How To Prepare Your Proposal
- Find Funding
- Proposal Award Policies and Procedures Guide
- About Funding
- A-Z Index of Funding Opportunities
- Recent Funding Opportunities
- Upcoming Due Dates
- Advanced Funding Search