Breakthrough Biotech Video Scholarship Competition
WHAT DOES “BIOTECHNOLOGY” MEAN TO YOU?
The competition is an annual, statewide opportunity for high school students to explore how biotechnology is a part of their communities and earn a scholarship for undergraduate education in South Dakota.
- Are you a high school student living in the state of South Dakota?
- Are you excited about technology, science or both?
- Are you looking for scholarships to pursue undergraduate education experiences?
The competition encourages students to be creative and use videos to show how biotechnology is feeding, fueling, or healing in their community and helping to make a better world. Act it out, create an animation, sing it, but, it must be appropriate for all ages.
- Research and connect with one or more regional biotechnology companies/organizations.
- Create a short, creative video (60-120 seconds in length) that showcases how biotechnology is important in South Dakota. 2018 Topics: A. How does Biotech Feed SD? B. How does Biotech Fuel SD? C. How does Biotech Heal SD?
All submissions are due by January 31, 2018 – in the meantime, start connecting with area biotechnology organizations to learn more about what they do in/for your community.
Click here to sign up for competition updates.
Joni Johnson at SD Biotech: email@example.com
Liz McMillan at Sanford Research: Elizabeth.McMillan@sanfordhealth.org or 605.312.6417