- This event has passed.
Deadline for NSF Town Hall on Using the Rules of Life to Address Societal Challenges
February 28, 2022 • 5:00 pm
NSF needs your help to “hack” the Rules of Life — to consider how they might use those Rules to tackle pressing societal challenges.
NSF announces a series of free Virtual Events centered on Using the Rules of Life to Address Societal Challenges. The goal is to bring together researchers with diverse perspectives — including those from all scientific disciplines, with various levels of experience (from senior scientists to postdocs), from different types of institutions or organizations, and from historically underrepresented groups in STEM — to share ideas about how Rules of Life approaches and data might be harnessed by multidisciplinary teams to tackle pressing societal challenges.
The events will include a Virtual Town Hall on March 15, 2022, for NSF to get community feedback on which grand challenges are best-suited to being solved by this convergent approach, as well as innovative ideas on how and what kinds of multidisciplinary teams can solve them.
A subsequent series of four Virtual Workshops will be held on four separate days (April 14, 19, 21, and 26, 2022), each focused on a specific challenge defined by the Town Hall discussions.
Scientists from senior researchers through postdocs, and from all branches of science are encouraged to participate and contribute to the discussion.
Register by Monday, Feb. 28, for the March 15 Town Hall.
Key Dates (all 2022)
- Registration Deadline for Town Hall: February 28.
- Town Hall: March 15, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. CST
- Applications OPEN to participate in the Workshops: March 21
- Applications CLOSE to participate in the Workshop: April 1
- Orientation for all workshop participants: April 12, 10 – 11:30 a.m. CST
- Workshop 1: April 14, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- Workshop 2: April 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- Workshop 3: April 21, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST
- Workshop 4: April 26, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST
View the full details of the series of free Virtual Events centered on Using the Rules of Life to Address Societal Challenges.