- This event has passed.
Virtual 10th Annual ARIS Summit 2022
2022 marks the tenth ARIS Summit, which will be a virtual event, May 9-25.
Several National Science Foundation (NSF) speakers include:
- Office of Integrated Opportunities (OIA) Head Dr. Alicia Knoedler (May 9, 1 p.m. CT)
- Dr. Cecilia Speroni demonstrating the new NSF Education & Training Application (ETAP) platform (May 10, 1 p.m. CT)
- Dr. Graciela Narcho and Dr. Erwin Gianchandani discussing the new NSF Directorate for Technology, Innovation, and Partnerships (TIP) (May 17, 1 p.m. CT)
The “best of” themes, below, will be explored via the Summit’s virtual-format intensive sessions and community networking opportunities.
“Best of” Themes
- The Best of BI Foundations
Presentations focused on broader impacts foundational knowledge, including but not limited to: broader impacts consultation, professional development, evaluation, and broader impacts infrastructure
- The Best of Science and BI Policy
Discussion and development of broader impacts, research impact, and engagement-related policy on the local, national, and international scale
- The Best of Science Communication
Presentations that tout best practices of science communication, inclusive science communication, and next steps to enhancing science communication
- The Best of Broadening Participation in Broader Impacts
Presentations that focus on the intersection of broader impacts and broadening participation; policy and practices that promote and support inclusion, diversity and equity in broader impacts, institutions/organizations
- The Best of BI in Science Museums and Informal Spaces
Presentations that highlight broader impacts programming, partnerships, and new frontiers in informal BI