NASA Marshall Faculty Fellowship Program
- The Marshall Faculty Fellowship program is a residential research experience. Fellows are required to conduct their research, during the ten-week program, on-site at the Marshall Space Flight Center.
- Participants cannot receive remuneration from other entities or other programs or other university or government sources during the Faculty Fellowship 10-week period.
- An oral presentation by the Fellow to the Marshall group with which s/he has been affiliated is required, near the end of the fellowship period.
- A written final report is required at the end of the Fellowship.
- A written evaluation of the program by the Fellow is expected at the end of the Fellowship.
- US citizen
- Full time teaching or research appointment at accredited US university or college.
- Fellowship is awarded for one summer period, but Fellow may apply again for a second year.
- Women, under-represented minorities, and persons, with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The applications selected to be Faculty Fellows will be chosen by the Marshall group which has been assigned the area of investigation (concentration) chosen by the applicant.
- A Marshall Collaborator will be identified to serve as the co-investigator and day-to-day contact. At the end of the ten-week period, the Faculty Fellow and the Marshall Collaborator will prepare a white paper summarizing the summer effort, including results and recommending follow-up work.
Stipends for Faculty Fellows are set as follows for the 10-week period:
- Assistant Professors and Research Faculty $15,000
- Associate Professors $17,000
- Professors $19,000
A relocation allowance of $1,500 will be provided to fellows who live more than fifty miles from the Marshall Center.
A travel supplement of $500 will be provided to those fellows receiving the relocation allowance.
[button link=”https://sdepscor.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017_Marshall_Faculty_Fellowship_Program.pdf” target=”new” color=”default”]Download Application[/button]
Please attach a resume and this completed application form to an e-mail and send it to Rachael Damiani at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of February 22, 2017. If you have any questions, please call (256) 824-6076.