- This event has passed.
NSF CAREER Proposal Development Workshop
November 28, 2018 • 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Event Categories: EPSCoR Events, NSF
To foster an increase in CAREER proposal submissions by eligible faculty from all South Dakota institutions of higher education, SD EPSCoR and the SD Board of Regents are cosponsoring an NSF CAREER Proposal Development Workshop. The NSF CAREER Program offers awards junior faculty who exemplify the ideal of teacher-scholars through outstanding research, a commitment to educational excellence, and the integration of education and research within the context of the mission of their organizations.
- Faculty at all academic institutions in South Dakota are eligible to apply for CAREER awards, including primarily undergraduate institutions and two-year institutions.
- The faculty member must be employed in a tenure-track or tenure-track-equivalent position by October 1, 2019 as an assistant professor (or equivalent title) at an accredited institution located in South Dakota.
- Associate professors, with or without tenure, and NOT eligible for the NSF CAREER program.
- The faculty member’s research and educational expertise must be a science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) field that NSF accepts proposals in. “NSF fundable areas” not only include the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering, but also the social sciences, behavioral sciences, economic sciences and STEM education.
- The faculty member must hold a doctoral degree by July, 2019.
To encourage broad faculty participation from across the state, SD EPSCoR office will reimburse travel expenses for all participants:
- For faculty members attending from nearby, SD EPSCoR will reimburse the cost of institutional vehicle use.
- For faculty members who are traveling longer distances, we will reimburse one night’s lodging and per diem at state rates.
- To reserve a state motor fleet vehicle, see the internal instructions/contact the SD EPSCoR office.