Internships with South Dakota Companies
SD EPSCoR partners with the S.D. Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) to support Dakota Seeds internships with South Dakota companies. The program provides matching funds to businesses employing students in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields, as well as in manufacturing and accounting.
The Dakota Seeds partnership started in 2007 and roughly 30 percent of Dakota Seeds interns have been hired full-time by the company upon graduation.
- View the Dakota Seeds application on the GOED website.
- Application Deadlines:
- July 15 for internships in September, October, November or December.
- November 15 for internships in January, February, March or April.
- March 31 for internships in May, June, July or August.
- SD EPSCoR partnered with SD BioTech to produce videos highlighting STEM Careers in South Dakota.
Abigail Witt and Marisa Osterloo of Dakota State University completed 2022 Summer Internships at Innovative Systems in Mitchell.