Other Federal EPSCoR Programs
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Established (formerly Experimental) Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR), which was created in 1979, identifies, develops, and makes the best use of a state’s academic science and technology resources. SD EPSCoR is NSF-funded.
Besides the National Science Foundation, five other federal agencies have EPSCoR (or EPSCoR-like) programs in which South Dakota participates:
- National Air and Space Administration (NASA EPSCoR) with SD Space Grant Consortium
- National Institutes of Health (NIH IDeA INBRE) with South Dakota NIH IDeA (BRIN)
- Department of Energy (DOE EPSCoR)
- Department of Defense (DEPSCoR)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA EPSCoR)