Student Clubs and Chapters
Get involved in student organizations
Active chapters of the following:
- Society for Women Engineers (SWE)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- The National Society of Black Engineers
— and many others can be found around South Dakota and the United States.
- Society for Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
If you are not connected to a society, search online for a local chapter. If you are a faculty member or industry professional, this is a great opportunity to tell your story, answer questions, and showcase current projects and research.
These connections can also be leveraged in the future for recruitment or mentorship opportunities.