- This event has passed.
Eastern South Dakota Research Symposium
June 16 • 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 5th Annual Virtual Eastern South Dakota Research Symposium, involving poster presentations and professional networking opportunities, will take place on Wednesday, June 16, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CDT.
The Symposium will feature presentation sessions cover numerous focus areas: Transdisciplinary & Team Science, Basic & Biomedical Research, and Social & Behavioral Research. This virtual symposium will also include posters for researchers at all levels, poster discussion sessions and opportunities for networking and interactions.
Transdisciplinary & Team Science Research Session
- Mel Ustad (State of South Dakota, SD EPSCoR PI)
- Keynote Talk: Maria Fernandez (Lorne Bain Distinguished Professor of Public Health and Medicine; Director, Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research University of Texas Health Science Center)
Basic & Biomedical Research Session
- Victor Huber (Basic Biomedical Sciences, USD)
- Pilar de la Puente (Cancer Biology, Sanford Research)
- Alex Kloth (Biology, Augustana University)
- Joshua Reineke (Pharmaceutical Sciences, SDSU)
Social & Behavioral Research Session
- Daniel Mourlam (Education, USD)
- Susan Hoover (Behavioral Sciences, Sanford Research)
- Kelcie Vercel (Sociology, Augustana University)
- Brady Phelps (Psychology, SDSU)
For questions about registration and logistics, please contact the Research Admin Team (ResearchAdminAsst@sanfordhealth.org)
For questions about scientific content, please contact Dr. Lance Lee (Lance.Lee@sanfordhealth.org)