- This event has passed.
Economic Outlook Seminar
October 4, 2022 • 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The annual Economic Outlook Seminar, hosted by the South Dakota Chamber of Commerce, will be held Tuesday, Oct. 4, at the Sioux Falls Convention Center (Exhibit Hall 1, 1201 N West Avenue). Registration and a networking social will begin at 3 p.m. CDT, followed by program presentations from 4-6 p.m.
- Registration for the live event in Sioux Falls is $50 per person, which includes hors d’oeuvres and refreshments.
- Registration for the online viewing option of 4-6 p.m. presentations is $30 per person.
This year’s agenda includes an annual economic update by Dr. Joe Santos. Dr. Santos is the Director of the Ness School of Management and Economics at South Dakota State University. Joe is also a professor of economics; his areas of research include financial regulation and monetary policy. Joe is the voice of Monday Macro (schooleddotblog.com), which airs on select Mondays on South Dakota Public Radio’s In the Moment with Lori Walsh. Dr. Santos earned his M.A. and Ph.D. in economics from Rutgers University.
Jodi Schwan, SiouxFalls.Business and Pigeon605, will present her highly anticipated quarterly CEO Survey results and bring her professional skills to the event as emcee. Jodi will also serve as moderator for this year’s special presentation.
Surviving Inflation will be the topic of this year’s interesting and informative panel discussion. Don’t miss hearing from these industry leaders.
- Construction/Development — Jeff Scherschligt, Managing Partner, Pendar Properties and Lead Developer of Cherapa Place Expansion
- Energy — Brian Bird, President and Chief Operating Officer, NorthWestern Energy
- Additional speaker announcements pending
Event sponsors include South Dakota State University, Augustana University, Sanford Health, Avera Health, First Premier Bank, NorthWestern Energy, SDN Communications, Wholestone Farms, Xcel Energy and MidAmerican Energy Company. Reggie Kuipers, President, Bender Commercial Real Estate Services in Sioux Falls, serves as event Chair of the Economic Outlook Seminar, held annually on the first Tuesday in October.