- This event has passed.
Fuel the Growth Economic Development Workshop
September 15 - September 17
Fuel the Growth: Forging Ahead in 2021 Through Economic Development
Black Hills State University’s (BHSU) Center for Hospitality and Business is offering a three-day course in economic development covering 10 topics in the areas of business, organization and community. The workshop is offered in-person at the university with hotel space available for those traveling.
The Fuel the Growth Economic Development Workshop experience will run from 9 a.m. MDT on Sept. 15 – noon MDT on Friday, Sept. 17. This 2.5 day fall conference will be held at, and hosted by, the Black Hills State University Rapid City Center. This is a collaboration effort between Black Hills State University (BHSU) and the Rushmore Region Economic Development Alliance.
BHSU’s Center for Hospitality and Business
The Center for Hospitality & Business was created to encompass new academic offerings in hospitality management and business administration, as well as other programs tied to workforce development needs for economic growth and prosperity in the Rapid City/Black Hills region. Our main goals are:
- Facilitate significant Rapid City community engagement to create a dynamic network of community leaders
- Orchestrate an innovate educational center for tourism and hospitality programs creating partnerships, curriculum and workforce support for one of South Dakota’s top economic industries
- Coordinate recruiting strategies to support current and new programs offered on site
- Establish the presence as the centralized hub for academic partnerships in association with South Dakota State University, Dakota State University, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology and Western Dakota Tech
- Develop work-force driven programs, workshops, seminars that tie into business and industry needs and workforce training through our BHSU Advantage: Strategic Training Programs