- This event has passed.
Invention-Con 2021: Capitalizing on Your Intellectual Property
August 18, 2021 • 11:00 am - August 20, 2021 • 4:00 pm
Invention-Con 2021 will be held virtually by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Wednesday, Aug. 18, at 11 a.m. – Friday, Aug. 20, 4 p.m. CDT
Are you a young or independent inventor, an entrepreneur, or a small business owner whose success depends on guarding your creative work? Then don’t miss your chance to learn how different types of intellectual property (IP), such as patents, trademarks, and copyrights, are critical to your business strategy.
Note this year’s special student programming: The August 18 agenda will feature Gitanjali Rao, inventor and TIME magazine’s 2020 Kid of the Year, and other young innovators who will share their experiences and insights.
Take this opportunity to hear from business and government experts about turning ideas into innovations, protecting your work, and accessing valuable resources that can help you succeed in the marketplace. Keynote speakers Serene Almomen, CEO of Senseware, and recording artist Ansel Brown will share their insights on science, technological innovation, music, and business.
Presentations and workshops will cover:
- Putting your creativity to work
- How IP applies in various fields, such as artificial intelligence, robotics, agriculture, fashion, music, and literature
- Types of IP protection: patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Marketing, manufacturing, and building a competitive advantage around your ideas
- Fun, free educational resources for kids and teens
- Innovation and the fight against COVID-19
- And much more
Invention-Con 2021 will also include a wide range of virtual exhibitors from the USPTO and other federal government agencies.