- This event has passed.
Regeneron Science Talent Search
November 9, 2022 • 7:00 pm
Students: submit original research to the nation’s oldest student STEM competition and perhaps be named one of the scientific leaders of the future – and clinch the top prize of $250,000.
For more than 80 years, Regeneron STS, owned and produced by the Society for Science, has provided young scientists with exciting awards and experiences. The online application consists of essays, written recommendations from teachers and mentors, and more, including the submission of an original research paper. This year’s deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 9, at 7 p.m. CT.
Just entering the competition is a unique opportunity to hone your academic writing and research skills, and prizes are awarded at multiple levels. The top 300 scholars can expect $2,000 each, and their schools receive the same amount (to support even more science research at YOUR school!).
Forty finalists receive at minimum $25,000 and an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, DC, in March for the finals week competition – if named to the top ten, a finalist receives between $40,000 and $250,000.
- Learn more about the requirements.
- Helpful resources for applicants.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2023 Rules and Entry Instructions
- Informational flyer
Teachers, mentors and interested parents are encouraged to open online applications so that they can explore and better understand the process.
The top 300 scholars and the top 40 finalists will be announced in January 2023. If you have questions, email email@example.com.
You should apply if …
- You want to be recognized for your important research, participate in a life-changing competition week in Washington, DC, make 39 new best friends, and earn awards of up to $250,000.
- You have completed individual, independent science, engineering or math research (team research is not eligible).
- You are attending school in the US (US citizens living abroad are also eligible).
- You will be completing your last year of secondary school in November 2022.
- If your project meets the STS Rules Requirements for Human and Animal Research.