- This event has passed.
SDSU Data Science Symposium
The 2022 South Dakota State University Data Science Symposium will be Feb. 7-8 (Monday-Tuesday) on the SDSU campus. The symposium includes pre-conference workshops, oral presentations, poster presentations, keynote addresses and a career fair.
- Parallel workshops: Feb. 7: 1 – 5 p.m. at the Student Union
- Banquet: Feb. 7: 6 – 9 p.m. at the Performing Art Center
- Symposium: Feb. 8: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Student Union
- Career fair: Feb. 8 at the Student Union
For students looking for internships and full-time positions, there will be a career fair. The companies recruiting this year are First Bank and Trust, Capital Services, Meta Bank, Channel Partners Inc., Vervent, Great West Casualty Company, Query ai, and Bluestem Brands Inc.
- Keynote speaker bios
- Invited speaker bios
- Workshop instructors
- Workshop abstracts
Early Bird Registration Dates: Dec. 1 through Jan. 28
- Early Bird Non-student: $120
- Onsite Non-student: $150
- Early Bird Graduate Student : $45
- Onsite Graduate Student : $65
- Early Bird Undergraduate Student : $10
- Onsite Undergraduate Student : $30
- Workshop 1 $50.00*
- Workshop 2 $50.00*
- Workshop 3 $50.00*
- Banquet for Non-students: $30.00
- Banquet for Student: $10.00
The SDSU Department of Mathematics and Statistics hosts the Data Science Symposium on the SDSU campus annually. The symposium aims to bring together people from various backgrounds providing a mix of academic and industrial learning opportunities to the region including South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, and beyond. All participants can expect to gain a larger perspective of data science through connecting the education, research, and use cases in the industry. Expand your knowledge, share your experiences, and develop relationships with students, faculty, and companies. Business leaders, recruiters, professionals and practitioners will have the opportunity to promote their business, recruit talent and receive training.
Visit SDSU’s Department of Mathematics and Statistics to learn more about its symposium-related programs.