- This event has passed.
Student Idea Competition Deadline
2021 Innovation Expo Student Idea Competition
All higher education students in South Dakota are invited to submit a product or service idea (teams are allowed) by Sunday, Sept. 26, at 10 p.m. CDT.
- 1st Place — $350
- 2nd Place — $200
- 3rd Place — $150
- Other Finalists will receive — $100
Selected finalists will make a one-minute Zoom video answering three questions about their idea.
All student contestants will be provided a free ticket to the Innovation Expo
- Thursday, Oct. 7, in Sioux Falls (Hilton Garden Inn – Downtown)
- Thursday, Oct. 14, in Rapid City (Ascent Innovation Campus Downtown)
- Feasibility of product or service: How feasible or achievable is it to take the product or service to market?
- Business opportunity: How great is the opportunity to create a business around the idea?
- Market potential: How large is the market for the product or service?
- Barriers to entry: How significant are the challenges to commercialize the product or service? Competition, Path to Market, etc.?