- This event has passed.
Virtual Research Symposium
Event Category: EPSCoR Events
Undergraduate students currently performing research under the arm of SD EPSCoR presented their research on Wednesday, July 29, to an online audience.
Thank you, students and moderators!
Video from the July 29 SD EPSCoR Virtual Research Symposium
- Opening Intro with the one-minute synopsis of students’ work for attendees.
- After all students presented their abstract slides, they were split up into small breakout rooms where they spoke more in-depth about their research and answered any questions.
Requirements for Abstracts
- 300 words or fewer
- Contain the context and background information necessary to frame your research.
- Explain the goals of your research. Tell the audience why it is important and relevant.
- Briefly describe the research methods used.
- Add a description of your results along with any relevant data that your audience needs.
- End with a summary of the implications of the study
Guidelines for Slides and Presentations
- The “pitch” slide must be presented in 60 seconds to the entirety of the audience at the beginning of the symposium. This should be a summary of your research so that the audience can become familiar with your topic.
- The breakout room presentations should be 5 minutes long per researcher, including Q&A.
- For the breakout room presentations, presenters should use no more than 3 slides during their presentation.
- Breakout room presentation slides should contain the images and information that would have been included on a presentation poster.