NSF Track-1 Seed Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the five awardees for the NSF Track-1 Seed Grant competition for year five. Listed are the recipients, along with their research project titles. Drumroll, please!
Seed Grant Recipients & Project Titles:
- Sherwyn Braganza and Wageesha Sharma from South Dakota Mines: Framework-Guided Approach for Controlled, Programmable Biofilm Growth: A Step Towards Advanced Intelligent Systems.
- Dr. Tugba Ozdemir from South Dakota Mines: Antibacterial Silk Fibroin Based Biofabrics with Controlled Release.
- Dr. Joeseph Thalakkottor fromSouth Dakota Mines: ELviS – Engineered Living metaSurface, for biofouling mitigation.
- William Severud from South Dakota State University: Evaluating bioaccumulation of heavy metals in Tribal bison herds: risk to human health and bison production.
- Ruanbao Zhou from South Dakota State University: Identification and Characterization of Biofilm-forming N2-fixing Cyanobacteria from Natural Ecosystems in South Dakota.
Way to go! We are excited to see the outcomes of these projects.