PAEMST Award Nominations Open
Nominations for the 2018-2019 Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (#PAEMST) are open.Nominate outstanding 7-12 mathematics and science (including computer science) teachers now for this award year. Applications are due by May 1, 2019.
- teach science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and/or computer science as part of their contracted teaching responsibilities at the 7-12 grade level in a public (including charter) or private school;
- hold at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- be full-time employees of the school or school district as determined by state and district policies, with responsibilities for teaching students no less than 50% of the school’s allotted instructional time;
- have at least five years of full-time employment as a K-12 teacher during which mathematics or science (including computer science) has been a part of the applicant’s teaching duties prior to the 2018-2019 academic school year;
- teach in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Department of Defense Education Activity schools, or the U.S. territories as a group (American Samoa, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and U.S. Virgin Islands);
- be U.S. citizens or permanent residents; and
- not have received the PAEMST award at the national level in any prior competition or category.