Space for Teachers
Calling South Dakota Teachers! Are you ready for an out-of-this-world opportunity at the UT Austin Center for Space Research? Teacher program applications wanted for rural or other communities representing populations traditionally underrepresented in STEM/STEAM fields. Learn more about this exciting opportunity!
Get Ready to fly! (Apply)
You should have 5+ years’ experience teaching STEM/STEAM with strong evidence of including space sciences in your curriculum. Additional requirements include:
- demonstrated ability to infuse project-based learning into your classroom
- support of district administration to bring new approaches to the classroom
- desire/willingness to promote projects with parents, administrators, local media
- curriculum development experience
- 5+ years of full-time classroom teaching
- current middle school or high school teaching assignments
- science/STEM/Arts as primary teaching load
- application essay*
- statement of availability
- contact information.
*Please review instructions for completing the application essay. Resume and essay should be submitted as PDF files only.
Costs Covered: Selected participants have costs associated with workshop, workshop lodging, the parabolic flight, and travel around the parabolic flight covered by the program. Participants must cover their own transportation costs to the workshop.
- Applications are open through March 1, 2024 for the 2024 ETP Cohort.
- Selection notifications will be made by 4/1/2024.
- Workshop dates: May 23-25, 2024.
- Workshop Location: UT Austin Center for Space Research
Questions on the application or program can be directed to email@example.com.