Undergrad Symposium Registration/Poster Submission Protocol
The symposium once again brings together undergraduate students involved in the NSF EPSCoR RII Track-1 project, the South Dakota Biomedical Research Infrastructure Network (SD BRIN) and the other Research Experiences for Undergraduates programs in South Dakota. This annual event provides students the experience of participating in a real scientific meeting that includes a poster session, professional development and numerous opportunities for networking. The symposium also promotes South Dakota’s graduate programs and STEM employment opportunities.
Registration/Poster Submission Protocol:
- Abstracts may be submitted by students when they register and also be edited anytime up until July 23rd, 2019. Students should save the registration ID when they register so they can access and edit their abstracts as necessary until the deadline.
- The abstract submission and meeting registration deadline is July 23rd, 2019.
The Registration Website can be accessed at the following link:
STEM Industry Tours/Pre Event Networking Social on July 29th:
- As a part of this year’s symposium students will have the opportunity to take part in a STEM Industry tour the day before the event on July 29th. Tentatively, tours have been scheduled for Avera, Docutap, EROS, POET, Raven and Sanford Research. One reason we’d like students to register as soon as possible is so that we can gauge interest for the separate tours and take care of logistical challenges.
- On the evening of the 29th a pre event networking social will be held for participants at the Sanford House.
- SD EPSCoR requires all participants to reserve a campus motor fleet vehicle and charge Cost Center 1530/3FA564. Carpooling is encouraged. If you are attending from a private institution or a tribal college, please contact Elizabeth Martinson.
- For participants that need lodging, room reservations/arrangements will be made by Elizabeth Martinson.
- Please send all names and room assignments for those locations needed for lodging.