- This event has passed.
Virtual Workshop for CAREER Applicants
Attend the April 13, 2021, virtual workshop intended to provide guidance and mentorship to prospective CAREER applicants.
11 a.m. – 4:30 CT via Zoom
Who should attend: Potential CAREER applicants to the NSF EHR (Education and Human Resources) Directorate, including early-career faculty who conduct or plan to conduct research in STEM education.
The NSF Faculty Early-Career Development (CAREER) Program is a Foundation-wide activity that offers the NSF’s most prestigious awards in support of early-career faculty who have the potential to serve as academic role models in research and education and to lead advances in the mission of their department or organization. Activities pursued by early-career faculty should build a firm foundation for a lifetime of leadership in integrating education and research. NSF encourages submission of CAREER proposals from early-career faculty at all CAREER-eligible organizations and especially encourages women, members of underrepresented minority groups, and persons with disabilities to apply.
- ⇒ See the May 2020 CAREER webinar slides and recording with captions.
- Eligibility: Proposers must meet all of the following eligibility requirements as of the annual deadline:
- Hold a doctoral degree in a field supported by NSF;
- Be engaged in research in an area of science, engineering, or education supported by NSF;
- Hold at least a 50% tenure-track (or tenure-track-equivalent) position as an assistant professor (or equivalent title);
- Be untenured; and
- Have not previously received a CAREER award.
- A Principal Investigator (PI) may submit only one CAREER proposal per annual competition and may not participate in more than three CAREER competitions.
- Submission Deadline: July 26, 2021
- See FAQs for more details about the Career Program.